Monday, October 22, 2012

Less Facebook Lurking, More Blogging

4..3...2...1!

Here I go again, attempting to remedy my on-and-off relationship with my blog. It has been a while and a lot of things have happened... and I mean a looooot.

Part of my absence may be from too much Facebook-ing. I have to admit that Facebook has become a huge part of my life. I am not really the type who posts pictures or updates my status on a daily basis. I don't really see the need to broadcast my hourly activities (no offense meant), and my face doesn't really change every day. I am usually fine with three posts or less per week and one profile photo change per month.


I just tend to go through all the status updates, photos, videos, and whatnot in the News Feeds. God! I seem to know everything that everybody's been doing.  My work permits me to be always online. Even if I am busy working or I am out for field work, you'll typically see that green dot beside my name and photo, indicating that I am online. At nighttime, I also tend to go online and basically just browse through. I have to say it's getting dull and my energy needs directed to more productive activities like finally reading the books I haven't returned in years and illegally downloading series and movies. hahaha  I am so behind on those categories. And oops, I almost forgot, I must update blog! haha I also have trouble catching some zzzz's and FB isn't helping at all.

While it is nice to be always updated and be able to get in touch with loved ones from the other side of the universe, Facebook is such a toxic place for me now. I mean, with so much going on in the world and my world, I think I need some space from FB. I think I need to distance myself from those who continually boast, bring other people down, act like they are the expert on everything, wash their dirty linens in public, etc. etc.

Realistically, I won't leave FB cold turkey because I still embrace its positive purpose and I believe it is kind of healthy to occasionally browse. With its boundless number of members, my beanie business highly depends on it. Plus, without FB, how will you read my pointless rantings? hahaha However, I won't go the extra mile and deactivate my account when I know I will reactivate it.

Perhaps I need to break free from Mark Zuckerberg's multibillion-worth creation for a week or so. My urge to be always online has to stop. No more random sarcastic remarks, vanity/food photos (really, I have to stop taking photos of my food!) and feel-good music videos. The liking, commenting and chatting will also stop... for now.

I need some space, FB. It's not you, it's me. I'll still be around, but not really.

Bye. Don't miss me too much!

Neekul has left the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment