Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dark Chocolate Cupcakes and Bars with Buttercream Frosting


This week, I blogged about the two things that I am dying to accomplish before the year ends. Since it’s mid-November already, there’s no time to slack off. The student permit part had been a blooper, but I am so proud to say that the cake from scratch rocked as hell! hahaha


Yesterday was spent shopping for baking supplies and ingredients. I went to several shops and compared their prices. I have to admit, baking is quite costly. I opted to invest on high-quality supplies because I don’t want my money to go to waste. I also chose the best ingredients I could find. In this case, a good dark cocoa powder for the cake and butter for the frosting are key.

It took me almost the entire day baking my dark chocolate cupcakes and bars with buttercream frosting. After a few funny mishaps (almost failing to preheat the oven, mixing up recipes, spilling, and dropping the equipment), the cake turned out to be very moist and chocolatey! I had been really anxious and I thought I was going to mess up. In baking, it does pay off to do your research and invest on superior tools and ingredients.



I only bought one muffin tray (fits 8 cupcakes) because I was already short on cash. Each batch takes about 20 minutes so I opted to bake the rest in an ordinary tray and slice them up. Ergo, I had a total of 8 cupcakes and 17 squares (2 didn't make it in the picture haha).


I know, they look a bit scrappy but they do taste great. The cake is not overly sweet, so the buttercream frosting compliments it well.


I am looking forward to my next baking project. Stay tuned.

Neekul has left the building.

1 comment: