Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Of Odd Dreams

I have been having these odd dreams lately. Wait, whose dreams are normal, right? Blah, I easily get distracted. I recently read an article about dreaming and it said we forget 95% of our dreams when we wake up. Although they are not related, most of the dream scenarios I remember actually have a theme. They are people, circumstances and things in the past that I considered or still consider important.

Sigmund Freud called dreams “the royal road to the unconscious.”After mentioning some of my dreams to a friend, I realized these are the things that I am too scared to let go of.  Mr. Freud couldn't get any more right! When people leave, circumstances change or things get lost, I tend to act as if I am completely fine with it. I choose not to dwell on the loss or to cry over spilled milk. I put on a brave face and move on, or at least try.
Maybe my dreams are telling me that there is nothing wrong with being vulnerable; that perhaps crying does not make me weak. In fact, I become stronger as I face the sad realities head on. Brushing them off can only cause haunting dreams, constant reminders that I can truly let go when there is acceptance that some people close to me did leave, a lot of pleasant circumstances in my life did change and the things I valued did get lost.

Now that I am having these overly dramatic realizations, I hope tonight I dream of positive things like a date with Blake Griffin, chocolate rain or having super powers. After all some studies say that you have the power to control your dreams. Wish me luck!

I captured the photo by accident and I just love the outcome!

Neekul has left the building.

1 comment:

  1. nice blog checkout my latest blog on

    http://www.togetherfornature.blogspot.com

    feel free to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete