Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Cake-Baking

Ingredients and mixture

Wee! ready for baking!

sugar-choco frosting. who says you can't use real chocos.

funny-looking cake. hehe with sugar piping



One of my interests is cooking and modesty aside, I'm kind of good at it. Unfortunately there is not a single blog post about cooking. So to start with, let me share with you the chocolate moist cake that my sister and I made for our dad this Father's Day. I know, it doesn't look as appetizing as it should be but it really tasted so good. It was so hard to slice the middle of the cake for the frosting on the layer. The choco frosting was a big mess because I just invented it. There wasn't enough frosting because I underestimated it so I had to make about three batches. Talk about a waste of time and effort. Learn from my mistake okay, research about a better frosting recipe so you wouldn't be sorry. haha

People get intimidated with baking but honestly, it is very easy. All you have to do is follow the recipe and be very precised. Yes, if I may repeat it... Very precised. So before starting, make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and baking essentials for correct measurements. If you want to try it for yourself, here is the recipe:

CHOCO MOIST CAKE
2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
Dash salt
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 c. boiling water
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together, putting eggs and milk in last. Cocoa can be dissolved in boiling water before adding. Batter is very runny. Put in one 9 x 13 or two 8 inch pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until done.

SUGAR-CHOCO FROSTING
3/4 c. cocoa
4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. evaporated milk

Mix cocoa and sugar together first; add remaining ingredients. Stir until smooth.

There you go. It looks easy, right? Go ahead and try it! You may omit the frosting but the cake, itself is not so sweet so it's better if you put some. You may also add chocolate chips or your favorite chocolate bar in the mixture for better taste by cooking it in a double boiler. But don't overdo it, okay. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment