Monday, July 12, 2010

Beanies are Keeping Me Busy




I never thought I could be this busy! I just had to pause from this fiasco and write. Four days ago, I officially opened a made to order beanie business. I started to crochet beanies for myself and my friends for fun. After I gave my friend, Alex her beret, she immediately took a picture of herself and posted it on her facebook account. I don’t know if they got attracted to the beanie or Alex was just pretty, people noticed and inquired about the head piece.

The next thing I knew, my friends contacted me and requested me to crochet something for them. I already resigned to the thought of making this a business. The same day, Alex made me an advertisement and a logo. Orders started pouring in from my friends and people I don’t even know. At the end of the day, I already had eight orders! Then next day, there were more inquiries for my berets and bonnets. Unbelievable! I would like to thank you, Alexandra Nicole Lorenzana for your big help! To add a personal touch, I printed Alex's logo for the tag. The beanie with tag looked like something bought from a boutique, not made by me. I was very pleased.

I learned how to crochet when I was in third grade. And honestly, I sucked at it. It took me so long to even crochet a first chain. The project that I submitted was so sloppy that I got a low grade. It makes me smile to think about it now. I was so worried at that time and I cursed crocheting for giving me a hard time. Who could have thought I would make a business out of something that I used to be terrible at? Finally, some creative and artistic cells in my body decided to take over!

Everyday I receive more orders that my July schedule is already packed! August is almost full as well. I hope I can meet the deadlines, but I assure my clients that my beanies are not rushed. I believe in quality over quantity, that is why I limit the number of orders I take. I also want them to know that

Okay, I want to stay and chat but my yarns are calling me. Wish me luck!

For more pictures, go to http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=190470&id=542831905

1 comment: