Saturday, March 12, 2011

Experiencing My Own Earthquakes

The television and networking sites have been flooded with news about the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan and along the Pacific. My prayers are with all the victims and I really hope there won't be other negative happenings anymore. A lot of people have already suffered and died.

Japan is far and the Phippines has been spared from nature's wrath, but it feels like I have been experiencing earthquakes and aftershocks in my personal life. I have to say that the world hasn't been kind to me lately. I've been showing a brave face; I don't want people to worry about me. There are more important people/things/events to worry about. I thank all my loved ones for their constant care and support. It means so much to me. It has been very hard and I'm not really sure how to deal with it or express it.

I haven't been myself in the last few days. I've been forgetful, absent-minded and withdrawn. Stress has really taken its toll and I think I'm about to crack. It's extra difficult to sleep and I drown my piling problems with food.

Most of you know me as someone who expresses her thoughts when she is happy or angry, but when it comes to sadness, I become mute. I seldom cry or express my emotion and I don't even know why. Only a few people know what I'm going through right now. Those who are clueless would not probably notice anything wrong because I don't want them to see I'm down in the mouth. I'm not really doing this on purpose; this may be just how I deal with it.

I'm honestly trying my best to be okay. I don't question God about what's happening, instead I lean on Him that He will make everything alright. I'm currently hurting but my faith is unshaken. No earthquake will ever succeed in stealing it from me.

3 comments:

  1. I do hope everything ends up alright. I know the feeling of almost feeling mute when you're sad. I'm sure it's hard. You'll find a way to get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girls! thank you so much for your encouraging words! :D

    ReplyDelete