Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Get Well Soon Nitro



Upon my insistence, Marvi and I visited our Pitt bull Nitro (I call him Neetro) today at the vet. He had been admitted since last Sunday because he refused to eat and he looked weak. We also noticed that his balls were enlarged. He wasn't the usual jolly dog who always howls for attention.

When I arrived, I noticed Neetro lost weight. He didn't respond right away when I called him. After seeing me, he immediately stood up and wiggled his tail. He was so happy to see me! Boyf was also able to touch him as well because he was in a different environment. Men couldn't come near Neetro when he is at home because of his guarding and territorial instincts. The vet and his assistant commented that Neetro is such a good boy despite his scary appearance! haha Aww I missed this large dog.



The veterinarian informed me that Neetro had an infection, which caused him to be weak, and his blood pressure is low. Regarding his inflamed balls, the vet said we can continue his meds and observe him at home. We just have to bring him back after a week. If there are no changes, he has to undergo tests and see if he has a tumor. We are hoping that if he does have a tumor, it will only be his balls and not on other body parts. The best solution for that is getting him neutered, which is a very common procedure.

I just hope our Neetro is okay. I think he's already eight years old but we don't want to say good bye to him yet.

1 comment: