Monday, March 28, 2011

From Bangkok With Love

My last post seemed so negative, so I'll try to redeem myself this time. I was lucky to be able to tag along with my aunt, her officemates and my cousin Iya to their trip to Bangkok, Thailand last March 16-20 for free! Yep, I was a free-loader the whole time! I am so thankful for the generosity of my Tita Liza. I couldn't really afford that trip with my own money, considering that I just got regularized and there are a lot of expenses at home.

This was actually my second trip to Bangkok but the experience was totally different. During our first trip, instead of Tita Liza's officemates, my family was with us. Instead of riding a private van and taxi, we went around Bangkok through the train this time.


The three-hour flight was worth it because of PAL's delicious dinner. What a great way to start the trip, never mind that it was delayed. haha When we arrived, the very cold weather greeted us. It was like we were in a different country, not the tropical Thailand.

I really love Thai food and how they prepare it with speed. Thinking about it now makes me really hungry.
More on my Bangkok trip soon!

Aww I want some tom yam and pad thai!

Aww I want some tom yam and pad thai!

2 comments:

  1. I envy you! I've never been to foreign places before! Also it was a surprise that you like Thai food. I know a lot of people who don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there! sorry for the late reply. traveling is so much fun. you should try it. i've only been to asian countries (hongkong and malaysia). i wish i could continue traveling.

    yeah, i reaaally love thai food. i think other people don't because it's a bit fragrant because of the spices they use. :D

    ReplyDelete