Tuesday, August 10, 2010

After three days of work, I quit



How pathetic does the title sound? I had a strong urge to delete the blog post prior to this but what the hell, I have no regrets. As it turned out, the job that I was talking about didn't quite work out as I hoped for. After my third day of work, I decided not to go back. I don't want to badmouth or anything so I'll just leave it at this... the company has so many issues and I don't want to be a part of it.

The realization of quitting didn’t come suddenly. I was very excited when I got accepted because I want the nature of the work. It was so obvious according to my friends. During my brief stay in the office, I never felt happy, though. Of course I didn’t pay much attention to what I was feeling because after all it was my first week and my adjustment period. Looking back on my past jobs, I was nervous and I feared the unknown but never did I feel unhappy and unwelcome during my first week. I tried to ignore all the signs because I was very much hopeful and I wanted the work so badly.

I wouldn’t consider myself a quitter, but I do know when to stop. A workmate helped open my eyes. This workmate was kind enough to spare me from the chaos. Before my final decision, I confided with my mom, the boyfriend and some of my friends. I thank them for not judging me, giving me encouraging words, instead. When I finally made up my mind about quitting, I think it was the first time I smiled that day. I never thought I would be this stressed on my third day. I don’t mind being stressed at all. I have been in worse situations but I never felt so helpless, useless and dumb. Isn’t work supposed to empower you? That wasn’t the case, I felt sad.

My three-day stay some would say seems too soon to quit. Exactly. I wouldn’t want to delay the agony especially after hearing feedbacks from people who were able to deal with the company. I was down and embarrassed yesterday when I made my decision but right now, I’m so relieved and thankful that I did quit.

All these just feel so negative but as I’ve said, I have no regrets. If there is one thing that I gained from this experience, it’s my renewed relationship with God. For the past years, I have been missing in action in terms of my faith. When I got the job, I was able to pray heartily and after two years, I had confession. When I quit, I talked to God and I was at peace. I thank the Lord for everything He has given me, for the challenges in the past two weeks. I know he has a better plan for me, something that I really deserve. A job that would give me stress and problems, but in a healthy way.

2 comments:

  1. i agree, nic.. :) you shouldn't stay on a job if you're not happy at all. nakatry pud ko ani ai.. pero you were luckier ke ang tanan, ni encourage nimo.. ako, gilibak pako sa akong teacher sa school! hahahahahaha.. he told almost all of his students about what i did..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gas, it took me awhile to figure out who you are. it was in your name all along. haha dghan man gud ko friends who use mystique. hehe yey! another follower, i will follow you as well. i would love to read your blog entries!

    ReplyDelete