Saturday, August 14, 2010

A letter to My Other Lover


Dear Mr. Future Career,

First of all I would like to ask, do you ever exist? Day after day, I am starting to think that you may just be an illusion. I feel like the hopeless romantic in search for her eternal love. You're constantly visiting my thoughts and dreams. How can you be so elusive, when I am just here crocheting my butt off?

Will you forever be a needle in a haystack? Oh no... Please don't be like that. My life is almost complete, all that's lacking is you. I've been scanning the pages of newspapers, internet sites and desperately asking around for you. Nobody has told me where you are and they keep referring me to somebody else. No, I don't give a damn about Mr. Temporary Job. He's not my type. I gave him a chance but you see, after three short days, I broke up with him.

I'm already 23 years old and I'm not getting any younger. Don't you think four months of bumming around is already enough? I think my brain is slowly rotting. I don't mean to be so aggressive, but can you take me on date? A hive of activity is a perfect place where I can be productive. Trust me, you wouldn't be disappointed.

I hope I'll get to meet you soon. I'm looking forward to long hours with you. You will love me, I promise. I know there will be ups and downs, but I know it will all be worth it.

Love,
Nicole Marie Lorenzana

2 comments:

  1. Awww. Oh, Niks.

    I'm sure there's something for you out there. Don't lose hope. Just keep on going. You are too talented to be, shall we say, "put to waste".

    I actually am happy for you because you really get to practice your profession, even for just a short time - teaching. I never got that chance.

    Not only are you a great communicator, you are a valuable teacher. Believe in yourself. You can do it. You will have that love of your life. Let's continue to pray. And it will come to you in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi rej! thanks for your comment. i really hope i can finally have a career. i feel sad thinking about it. i really miss teaching, i just wish the process isn't that complicated.

    see you soon, rej ha. i miss u!

    ReplyDelete