Saturday, August 28, 2010

That Day with Franco



I don't really dig the music of today's generation. I just don't get them and my ears and eyes seem to reject their sound and appearance. Call me old but I think I'm stuck with the 90's music. There are only a handful of Filipino musicians that I love and most of them have been around during the 90's already like Bamboo, Urbandub, Parokya ni Edgar, Pupil, Imago and Rico Blanco to name a few. I am lucky to have already seen these bands play live and just recently, I was able to meet my new favorite band, FRANCO.

As I've said, there are only a handful of musicians I like but when I meet them, I go crazy. Yup, C-R-A-Z-Y. I am not ashamed to admit that I go gaga and chase after my idols. I go out of my way to get pictures with and of them. And as I would constantly yak about, NO GUTS NO GLORY is my motto. I scream and giggle like a hopeless groupie.

Last August 25, I was lucky enough to tag along with the boyf's gig at USC-TC where the band, Franco was the main guest. My friend, Venice was also a fan so it was extra fun for me. At least I had someone who could relate with me. Yowh also came and I know she didn't really share our excitement. I felt a little guilty for not entertaining her. hahaha It was an outdoor event and because of the heavy rain the day before, the field was so muddy. That, plus the uncontrollable crowd made it difficult to go around. We weren't really bothered because we fought for a great spot near the stage where I was free to climb the steps and take photos up close. Before Franco played, we were able to pose with Franco Reyes (the vocalist) and Gabby Alipe (of Urbandub) who were very patient and gracious to sit with the chaotic fans. Oh it was perfect! Well except for the failing sound system which we really didn't mind.

I thank my panggs for this opportunity and I also congratulate him and his new band for a successful first gig. Happy monthsary! Looking forward to more of these unforgettable moments!









No comments:

Post a Comment