Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blake Griffin: My New NBA Sweetheart

When Allen Iverson left the NBA, I pretty much stopped caring about the league. Lately, I have been watching it again because I am setting my eyes on someone new and it's L.A. Clippers' Blake Griffin!


image source: stk.dimemag.com

He is a high jumper and he can effortless dunk the ball so well. I'm really really impressed! People say he looks kind of funny and a little cross-eyed, but I find him very cute. After incredibly dunking the ball, he has this sheepish grin that really puts a smile on my face! He is this humble and amazing guy who does not showboat. He even gets into other players' nerves by merely being great. Ahhhh I'm in love! Thanks to Youtube I could be able to watch hundreds of videos featuring him. hahahaha

I've been meaning to blog about him and what better time to so than after winning this year's NBA Slam Dunk Contest? He won over Oklahoma Thunders' Serge Ibaka, Toronto Raptors' Demar DeRozan and Washington Wizards' Javale McGee. All of them did jaw-dropping dunks and I enjoyed all of them. McGee, who was the the runner up, did two amazing dunks during the first two rounds, which involved dunking two balls on the first round and three on the second. No one has ever done both in the history of the league. It was pretty amazing and I honestly got nervous because Blake didn't have too many crazy props and stunts.


image source: media.kansascity.com

Talk about saving the best for last! He brought the biggest props you can ever think of, a Kia Optima car! With the choir singing “I Believe I Can Fly” on the background, his teammate Baron Davis came out of the sunroof and passed the ball alley-hoop style to him! McGee seemed to have already run out of ideas because he wasn't able to do a better dunk. I immediately thought that convoluted stunt was enough to earn Blake the crown. 68 percent of the worldwide voting through text message sealed the deal.

Some say that jumping over a hood of a car isn't that great. Well we all have opinions and I don't think McGee's final dunk was that spectacular.

I looooove you Blake!

On other sports news, Filipino Flash Nonito Donaire Jr. knocked out Fernando Montiel on the second round. All of us at home screamed at the top of our lungs when Montiel fell and seemed to have had a seizure. Donaire was able to steal Montiel's WBO and WBC bantamweight titles! Yeah! I'm truly proud!

Neekul has left the building!

No comments:

Post a Comment