Monday, January 10, 2011

Goodbye to Bamboo?

My terrible headache would not stop me from blogging this unfortunate news


As I was checking my Twitter this morning, I was shocked when KC Montero (yes, I'm a follower!) tweeted that my favorite band in the world Bamboo called it quits!

Oh no! What a loss for our music industry! Since I'm already getting older, I don't seem to appreciate this generation's music. The musicians I am supporting are diminishing little by little. I am a fan of 90's music and most of my favorite bands disbanded already. Some simply vanished from the limelight.



I have been a Bamboo "believer" ever since I can remember (check out my ugly face! haha) and I have watched their Cebu gigs more than a dozen times. Those were the happiest days of my life, spent with my close friends, singing our hearts out and screaming at the top our lungs... not caring about the rest of my world. I thank the Lord for all the special opportunities I had. People seemed to have pulled some strings that allowed us to be in VIP areas to meet and greet the band, as well stay in front of the stage. I specifically loved the time Nathan waved at us after we repeatedly screamed his name and Bamboo pointing at me while singing. I understand they completely forgot about those moments but I would forever treasure them.

To be completely honest, the last few Bamboo gigs I attended did not have the same spark and passion. Bamboo Mañalac, unlike other vocalists, is not known for interacting with the crowd, I guess he need not talk to them directly because he spoke to them through his songs. I have mentioned Tanduay Rhum First Five post that he was extra aloof that night and he seemed unhappy as he performed. Maybe he just lost his love for his band. I surely hope he still values music.






I guess goods things really come to an end. Bamboo Mañalac, Ira Cruz, Nathan Azarcon and Vic Mercado... I hope to see you again!

KC repeatedly tweeted that he does not know the reason for the breakup. I sure hope the members would speak up about it soon. I'm praying that this is just a nasty rumor but deep inside I know it's real. :(

Complete photos here.

Neekul has left the building!

3 comments:

  1. just came across your blog! fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ashley! thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad for them.. i liked them before.. haven't heard of them until this one.. :(

    ReplyDelete