Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rainy Sinulog

After reading the title, I bet you are expecting to hear about my festive Sinulog but unlike other Cebuanos, I only went out during the night. Soooo this means I have no photos of the the Sto. Niño, street dancing, henna tattoos and the whole Sinulog package.





Honestly, I don't regret anything. To be honest, though, I enjoyed looking at the photos of my friends who had a fun celebration. I was not in the mood to go outside last January 16, 2011 because of the gloomy weather. Call be lazy but I felt dragged out that day. The boyf and I felt obliged to go out, anyway, so we did. His band did not play that night because of some conflicts unlike last year. I am not the type to party but I enjoy watching band gigs. While waiting for our friends, Yo and I bought very cute pairs of shorts.




We actually opted to ditch the wild crowded places. Our last stop was La Marea in IT Park for coffee and dessert. We were really relieved to have been spared from the chaos. It was nice meeting Venice's boyf Brian.

I had a happy laid-back Sinulog 2011 with my "three isn't a crowd" and my panggs. I wish next year will be better and I wouldn't be lazy. haha





Neekul has left the building!

2 comments:

  1. I guess homegrown cebuanos like you find it ordinary for sinulog festival, but for a manilena (haha whatta term :P basta taga-manila :P) like me, i'd be dying to be in that place to experience sinulog haha ;)

    <3 hazel
    http://thethriftycloset.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. to be honest, i think some Cebuanos (including me) take sinulog for granted. but when they are away they miss it. haha the irony of life.

    maybe i'll have a better one next year and hopefully the weather will cooperate. try to visit cebu as well so you will experience it. :D

    ReplyDelete