Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

"When it rains, it pours" is such a cliche.

I can't believe this cliche applied to today's weather.

The loud rain pour woke me up this morning. It has been constantly raining these past few weeks in Cebu, but I noticed that the rain today was harder, the sky darker and the day gloomier. It was also windier and colder.


I immediately realized that going to work would be challenging. Commuting to go to the office would not be a walk in the park. I think it would be worse than my unfortunate experience last Tuesday when I was soaked in the rain and I had to bravely walk through the flood. It was so gross! Good thing I was able to wear heavy-duty shoes and I had slippers under my desk. I want rain boots and a rain coat!

I was so relieved when I was informed that we could work from home today. It was good thing my job can be done anywhere in the world as long as I have a working computer and a good internet connection. Thank God for technological advancements As I have mentioned in my FB status, working from home is both a blessing and a curse. There are a lot of temptations to fool around, sleep and eat rather than write or edit. hahaha :D I'm just glad that I was able to resist the first two. Even though the cold weather made me extra sleepy, I finished my tasks. I have to admit, though that I am extra exhausted today. I have not been getting enough sleep lately and I blame coffee and chocolate addiction. I am quite surprised I still managed to write this blog entry, as well as promote my blog giveaway.

Mother nature is telling us to change our ways. I just hope tomorrow will be a better day. Be safe!

Neekul has left the building.

P.S. Don't forget to join and invite your friends to my blog giveaway. It is very simple. Repost this blog giveaway on your own blog, like my fb beanie fanpage, follow my blog (blogspot) and send me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment