Monday, May 10, 2010

2010 Elections

Not only is it the first automated elections but it's also the first time for me to vote. It wasn't exactly the best experience for a first timer but at the end of it, I was just glad I was able to practice my right of suffrage.

My mom and I got priority numbers 13 and 14... er of second batch. Each batch consisted of 300 people and when we arrived they were still serving 70ish of the first batch. Damn! Having to wait for six hours, from 10:30am-4:30pm in the heat with the flock of people, I really think I have every right to complain. Lucky for us the elementary school was just walking distance from our house, we went home and had lunch. We went back at 1:30 pm. The clustering of voting precincts made it so slow. Six precincts here in our area were clustered into one because COMELEC didn't have sufficient PCOS machines. I just hope they will learn from this experience and improve in the next elections.

Since complaining wouldn't really do much for me so I decided to take photos using my cellphone to calm myself.


COMELEC boasts that automated is better. Boo!


My mom and I got numbers 13 and 14.



At least they are smiling!


Number-calling through the megaphone

A sneak peek. sssshhh


Finally!!! Better make my vote count!

No comments:

Post a Comment