Saturday, May 8, 2010

Watermarking


A photographer, much like a painter, is an artist with the camera as his brush. Unlike paintings though, photographs are easily used without recognition to the person behind it. They can be uploaded to somebody else’s Facebook account in a few seconds. Every photographer, professional and enthusiast alike, would like to “brand” his masterpiece as his own.

For months I have been trying to find the best “brand” or watermark as they call it for my photos. I used different font styles and colors available in photoshop but nothing seemed to work. Some looked boring, others looked annoying. The process was also time-consuming. To make matters worse, I don’t seem to remember the name of the font and the size is always different.

Out of boredom, I made a simple two-dimensional whatchamacallit… just a bunch of shapes that formed a camera with NEEKUL as a brand. I then inserted my family name. Viola! My own watermark. It’s very easy to transfer to the photos but I don’t exactly know where to position it yet. It can easily be cropped if I put on the far end but I don’t want it to steal the limelight from the photograph itself. It still has flaws but it will do for today.

*A repost from neekulmarie.tumblr.com on 3-25-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment